Stop guessing at the wind speed and risking a poor setup. Measuring the wind speed is not only useful - it's informative, it's key, it's accurate, and it's fun. Plus - the large rotor on this hand held anemometer means that you get accurate readings without pointing it into the wind, unlike pocket impeller-type devices.
Check out the You-Tube Video demo of the Hand-Held Anemometer
There is nothing fragile about the Vortex Hand Held Wind Meter. Featured during CNN live Florida hurricane coverage in 2004 (see photo) and 2005!
Use the anemometer for storm chasing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, target shooting, model aviation, weather monitoring, and all kinds of wind-related activites!
Best of all, it's affordable!
- Unique head tilts flat for storage
- Water-resistant display can be used in heavy rain
- Multi-function display, in mph or km/h(The display is a bicycle speedometer!)
- Displays Current Speed plus Average or Max speed at the same time.
- Comfortable Vinyl handle
- 3-cup rotor does not care which way the unit is pointed
(unlike those little ones that must be pointed into the wind!)
- 4% accuracy from 10 to over 50 mph, good to 125 mph (higher speed models available on request).
- Low mass rotor is responsive to gusts
Click here for more information and instructions!