Rugged wind sensor handles speeds from 5 to over 125 mph. Reed switch/magnet provides one pulse per rotation. Comes with exterior grade wire. The VORTEX wind sensor is great for do-it-yourself projects, replacement, or additional parts. Uses a Sapphire Bearing to minimize wear! Mounting pole not included.
The Vortex Wind Sensor is a rugged, proven anemometer. Supplied without any electronics, the Vortex sensor is ideal for "do-it-yourself" projects of all kinds.
The Vortex Wind Sensor includes the following major items:
- a high quality 3-cup rotor pressed on a stainless steel shaft
- a rugged Delrin body with bronze and Rulon bushings
- a flat aluminum mounting bracket with 2 holes
- reed switch and magnet providing one pulse per rotation
- 25 feet of exterior grade wire (more available on request)
Converting pulses to wind speed is simple using the following formula:
2.5 mph per Hz (1 Hz = 1 pulse/second)
The Vortex Wind Sensor has been tested successfully on various electronic devices with over 1,500 feet (500 m) of wire.